|Posted by Luke Reeves on July 5, 2011 at 2:05 AM|
A few days ago I decided it would be a great idea to start arranging Galaxy Quest information. The problem is there are a variety of sources that contradict themselves at times. These sources are as follows;
- Galaxy Quest (Movie, 1999 [All VHS, DVD, and Blu-Ray Versions]) [CC 5]
- Convention Props (Posters, Fliers, Memorabilia, Scripts, Models, Ect., 1999) [CC 4.8]
- Galaxy Quest 20th Anniversary Special (In Universe Documentary 1999) [CC 4.75]
- Galaxy Quest (Novelization Terry Bisson, 1999) [CC 4.5]
- Galaxy Quest (Junior Novelization Ellen Weiss, 1999) [CC 4]
- Galaxy Quest: Global Warming (Comic Book Series, 2009) [CC 3.5]
- Magazines and other 'Second Hand' Sources.
I've decided to judge these items in what I call a "Cannon Creditability" [CC]. When you take Information from a source, it has certain credibility. All Information has to be accurate to the Movie First and Foremost. No Exceptions. This allows us to take information from the novelizations, comic books, documentaries, posters and ect. with out having continuity errors. (Rating Scale 1-5; 5 being most creditable) Level 5 objects can not be discredited.
NOTE: A Low number Doesn't mean it's a bad source, it just shows a bit of distance between the source materials.
When you read the books, comics, or watch the 20th anniversary, a person may give extra details that were not in the movie. We accept these sources as true fact, only if they align with the movie, and easily fit in the storyline, and Galaxy Quest Universe.
2 years ago I created this website so I could help distribute information, photographs, and other resources that i've spent a long, Long, LONG time collecting from auction sites and scouring the web. I've found a lot of cool stuff, but I haven’t put much of it up yet. This seems to be a part of the site i need to work on in the future.
If you believe that one of the CCN's need to change, let me know. I'm open to suggestions.
Categories: Galaxy Quest